City of Lincoln - Law Department
Opening for a full-time paralegal in The City of Lincoln's Civil Division.
This individual's primary responsibilities will include:
- litigation case support in the areas of federal civil rights, workers' compensation, tort, and collections;
- coordinate the collection of electronic data and interviewing witnesses;
- assist in the discovery process, monitor and track productions;
- create and coordinate trial notebooks and exhibits;
- miscellaneous duties as required
This individual must have knowledge of the legal system; possess strong oral and written communication skills; exhibit organizational skills; use sound independent judgment based on knowledge gained through experience; be an efficient project manager.
Must have excellent computer skills in the use of:
- MS Office applications
- Adobe Acrobat
- Other applicable software
- iPro Eclipse SE
- Other legal review and litigation support software products is desired
Qualifications: An Associate's degree in paralegal studies or related field plus at least four (4) years of experience as a paralegal, legal secretary, or similar position in a litigation practice, or equivalent.
Salary range: $49,491.52-$61,811.36
Apply for this position electronically by May 18, 2018 here: www.lincoln.ne.gov